Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Candy shop

DIY Sign. 
This is a fun little project to do in a couple hours.

First I put tape down so I could paint my stripes

I always remove the tape before the tape dries. Once the paint dried I took a sander to it...You will be able to see in this next picture.

Do you notice how the paint is a bit faded?   

click on this post to find out how I copied the words onto the sign.

Then just paint it on with a little paint brush

And your done! I always run my sander over the top of the words when finished so it doesn't look so perfect

I like it! It looks like an old vintage sign and didn't cost a thing!
DIY Show Off
Catch a Glimpse Button




1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's so cute! Happy sign. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from A Glimpse Inside. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-15.html hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...