Sunday, March 4, 2012

suitcase decor


I love these suitcases!  We don't have a lot of thrift stores or second hand stores in my area, there is an antique store but they will rack up the price to about $150 for a trunk like this.


After seeing these in blogland I had to have one of my own.
Then I happen to be in a thrift store and they wanted $20 for this. This one is not as cool as the ones I found online but I'm going to try to make it work.

First things first is to prime it. I just used a paint roller and went at it. Then whats next? Paint it white of course!
And here we are! what do you think? not your average table right?  I noticed in my example pictures they painted everything white and on mine I left the handles and the buckles but I think I going to go back and paint it all white as well.  I'm also thinking this suitcase is too wide for the space.

here it is next to my couch and it just doesn't flow, It looks like the couch and the suitcase are fighting over that wall.

So then I decided to just have it sit on the floor and again, the suitcase is too wide and flat. I need to find a smaller suitcase to put on top of it.


so here it lays until I find a more permanent solution for it. If I can't find another smaller suitcase to put on top then I definitely have something else in mind with this suit case that will blow your socks off!
Thanks for looking and if you have decorated with suitcases then let me see them! leave your link in the comments. Thanks so much for stopping by. Click on the buttons for more inspiration:


1 comment:

  1. I love the suitcases :). Very cute idea for decorating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...