Saturday, October 22, 2011

this is why...

my friend came into work with her new baby!  And remember my latest owl  hat? Well it fit her perfect!
look how cute it is! those hats are 10x adorable when on a baby! Once everyone saw that the orders started pouring in!
here's one right here! I love these sock monkey hats! I'm selling them for $20. So far I need to make 2 more then I need to get busy fulfilling all my owl hats orders.

I use a half double crochet throughout and i started with pattern  but had to adjust it because I could not get the gauge right. I ended up using a b hook (i know tiny) and 2 strands of yarn just trying to get the gauge right.
And I struggled with the ears trying to follow a free pattern so I just bagged it and made up my own pattern for the ears. I wish I could share it with you but you wouldn't understand (because my instructions suck). You probably notice I have no tutorials on my blog...its because I'm horrible at trying to explain things and it is VERY TIME consuming. That is why i appreciate everyone who takes the time to write up free patterns and tutorials.

And this one is sold...yay! Thanks so much for looking! gotta run...


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness these hats are too cute!!! i love the owl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...