Sunday, May 1, 2011

another turtleneck

What perfect timing..I made my turtleneck shirt then found this blog...Its all about tranforming clothes you already have into something you will love! Check out all the great links...Now, on with my turtleneck..


I always forget to take a before picture! this was another turtleneck that i bought for $2.99. I took this picture after i cut off the neck and sleeves (obviously) then I remembered to take a picture.
so then  you will see below are the sleeves...

 
I turned them inside out and cut off the seam of the arms.

Then I cut 2 strips at 1.5 width and started to gather it.
Then I strategically place it on the collar of the shirt..oh yeah, I cut it into a v-neck.
And here we are. After I sewed on the ruffles I cut 2 strips 3 inches wide right in the middle then you just tie it into a bow!

Pretty cute don't you think? I actually really love it! Not too bad for $2.99 and it only took about 45 mins to make.
Thanks for looking!
I'm participating in these linky parties:



15 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, adorable with the rouching and the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!!! I want to do that! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so cute That looks like something you would buy at Downeast or something it is so cute. I am visiting from keeping it simple linky party. Come and say hi tyandwhitneyulirch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stinkin cute! I love it! and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I love all your fun idea over her. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, and so "green" and thrifty! Would you please post a link on my Mother’s Day Themed Linky Giveaway party? http://the4rsRamblings.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delila, this is adorable. I've had several turtlenecks, that I just gave away, I hate them, besides how practical they are when it's really cold, but otherwise, ewwww. I can hardly believe this used to be one.

    I'd love if you linked this up. Stop by anytime to say hello!!!

    Hugs,
    Bella :)**AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great! How stinking creative are you to see the possibility in that turtleneck?!!!

    Shelley
    www.westermanfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Now, you are creative!!! I would have never thought to refashion a turtleneck into a spring top! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Delilah, guess what girl? You made the TOP 10 at my blog.

    I loved your turtleneck refashion so much I FEATURED you, I hope it puts a smile on your face.

    Come grab a button girl, and display it proudly!

    **Features from week #36** @ Bella Before and After

    Also I'm having a huge giveaway $100 prize total, blog makeovers and necklaces up for grabs to 4 winners. If you think you might be interested, here's the link :) **Blog Makeover Giveaway**

    Thanks so much for your support,
    Bella :)--- your newest happy follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you done with your turtleneck shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, Delilah, can't wait to make this one! I have a couple of cheap thrifted turtlenecks that need revamping. So cosy and practical for winter, and so darned ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you just turned so beautiful in the photo body,the styles at http://www.prettytailor.com/would show their best fitables with you 2,again ty^^ for your posting ,so the ones i shared with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fashion of this posts all images i really like this post and its clothing design is really very nice and unique.

    Wholesale Baby Items
    Wholesale Branded Clothing
    Wholesale Childrens Jackets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...