Tuesday, April 12, 2011

bed pillows

 for the longest time I wanted to make some bed pillows but never made any time. I have seen some really cute burlap pillows that I wanna make....And what better timing?  Over at  DIY SHOW OFF  they are having a linky party to show off all your burlap projects and more!


So, on with my pillows...
I have had these pillows forever, I picked them up from ikea...99 cents each!
They are pretty flat but when you fold them in half its perfect. I have one of these inside this pillow that I made.
back to the design of my pillow...I think i bought the wrong color of burlap, it's too dark :(

And I think the letters are too big? It just doesn't look right on my bed...see for yourself...

So I like the pillows but they are a big eye sore on my bed...they just don't belong :( 
Another vision taking a wrong turn!
It would probably be okay with darker bedding but I want my whole room to be white with  different textures. I think I will cover up the Mr and MRS with some ruffles and put them in my living room and start over...but hey, its another reason to make another pillow!! I think I will try the next one with a light linen or maybe some lighter burlap, however it may take another year before I get to it again...I have a short attention span and need to jump from project to project.
Thanks for stopping by, I'm linking to these parties:
Blogger's Pillow Party
The DIY Show Off

7 comments:

  1. hey I think they look NICE and if you'd put just a hint of the burlap behind they flower it will have WOW POWER! just saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your pillows!! Thanks for sharing!! :) Have a great weekend! Come stop by my blog sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, Delilah! I love things like this. Mr.&Mrs., His&Hers, Mine! lol Thank you so much for sharing in the Earthy Essentials party! I'm including a link to your pillows in tomorrow's highlights.

    :)
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that they don't fit for you, but I personally love that shade of burlap. Thanks for joining in on the Pillow Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, friend! I'm admiring all the creativity in your blog so can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? You can find us here: http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/05/creative-bloggers-party-hop-050111.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have adorable tutorials girl. This is so cute, you did a great job!!!

    Hugs,

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!