Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Smirk Embroidery

Have you heard of this book? Or come across it at a quilt store?
Well this has kept me occupied all weekend. This book as the cutest little projects in it.
 It has good little gift ideas.

Right now I'm working on this little towel. I'm going to give it to my friend with some hand soap.

It was hard trying to figure out how to get the picture onto the towel so I could stitch it. Because of the micro-fiber it was hard to draw on it. So finally what I did was just cut out the shape of the tub and face onto freezer paper and ironed it on the towel to use as a guide...then the freezer paper just peels off.
Here is a closer picture..

Then I just had to do the bubbles and hair free hand, and then I added the pom pom trimming. I still need to write the word "Bubblelicious" but I just wanted to show you what I was up too!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...