Tuesday, June 29, 2010

on to the next...

A while ago I was working on a flying geese quilt and did the technique of not wasting any fabric so i would get a whole bunch of these half square triangles. Well look at all the fun I'm having. There are so many things you can do with these...too many to show.
but I came up with this layout. And if you put them all facing the middle you will have a star like I did below....


But first I have to explain why 2 of the blocks are alot smaller. This picture above is how I get my 1/4 inch seam. I have to program my needle to move 1.5 to the right so I can line my fabric up to the edge of the foot. Well....every once in a while I forget to move the dial over!! UGH!!

Well then I thought, I hate it when that happens and I might as well just use my quilting foot...well look at the picture, it makes no sense at all. i hate how the edge of my fabric lays on the feed dogs. Do any of you have that problem?

SEE!...Look at the 2 blocks on the left. They are actually a full 1/4 inch smaller. But anywho, I ended up putting the quilting foot back in the drawer and I'm just going to hope I don't forget to change the settings on my machine.
So don't you just love that star block? The fabric I'm using is Three Sisters by Moda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...