Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Reality Sets In

Now that the holidays are over and the New Year is here I have realized I no longer have time to quilt. I had a lot of days off during Christmas and was able to sew but now it's back to work and I can't find much time. Also, as I look back I can see that I have been spending too much money on fabric. I need to slow down, I need to stay out of the quilt shops for at least a month. Just until I can get caught up on my finances...but no need to worry, I have a stash of fabric to keep me busy and a few quilts to finish. With that being said i have to show you this little tool my grandma gave me, it saves so much time.. It is called the angler and I use it all the time, it makes triangles in no time. All you do is cut your square, match them together then put the pedal to the metal.
You match the point up to the black line and sew, then flip it over and sew the other side.

Then you just cut it down the middle and iron and boom, boom, pow! Look at all the triangles I made in 30 minutes!! I didn't count the triangles but there enough to go around a twin size quilt. Now do you see how I am able to get things done around here? I'm always trying to find the fastest way to do things.
Depending on the way you layout your triangles you can also make pinwheels, stars and zig zags. Maybe I'll show an example later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...